Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First official day....

Our first official day of At-Home Preschool is done.  Now, I must be honest - we've done "school days" before, complete with the pledge of allegiance and a Bible reading.  But, since the first day of public school here was yesterday, I decided to get us back into our learning time by making it OUR first day of school, too.  I thought I had way too many things on our calendar, after I did lesson planning for yesterday and this coming Friday (we have a busy week, so am easing us into schooling by just planning for the two days we're home all day).  But, we did all but a couple of little things.  My plan was to fill any empty time the middle three days with those things we didn't accomplish. But I've been plagued with a sinus headache for a few days, and today, at least, I just don't feel like doing anything.  Worse comes to worse, we just add those things to Friday, and either accomplish them along with Friday's already planned lessons, or just shift things into next week.  I haven't sat down to write out lesson plans beyond Friday, yet, anyway.

Here are some pictures of our first day:




 The pledge of allegiance picture just brings a tear to my eye....



She looks so big....4-1/2 still sounds so young, but 5, which is still 4 months away, sounds so much older. Gulp.  My baby girl is just NOT a baby at all....

'Til Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment