Total Pageviews

Monday, March 7, 2011

Ah, Monday...

As a stay at home mom, whose husband doesn't work a standard M-F, 9-5 job, Mondays really aren't much different from any other day of the week. Sunday is our only different day, with having to get up to an alarm and get to Sunday School on time. Our church is about 40 minutes away, so it's always a rush out the door. 
Today, though, we are BUSY! My parents are coming to town, from the Seattle area, tomorrow evening. They aren't staying with us. My youngest brother and his family live in the same town we do, and they have a dedicated guest room.  But, after my daughter and I pick up my folks from the airport, I am making dinner for everyone - 8 in all.  I decided on Vietnamese Fresh Rolls, Orange Chicken, and Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry, along with jasmine rice.  It's nice because I can cook up the chicken, shrimp, and rice noodles for the rolls, today.  Tomorrow morning, I can do all the cutting and prepping, and get the ingredients all lined up, so that once we're home from the airport, I can get the rice cooking and then start the wok and fry pan cooking of the rest.  Should be quick and fairly easy!
I am so itching to sew.  Maybe, at some point today, I can at least do a little.  I'm not a good seamstress by any stretch of the imagination. Still, I enjoy sewing on quilt blocks. They'll never be entered in any shows, or be ooh'ed and aah'ed over. But, I still like doing it.  I recently finished cutting the fabric for a paper pieced quilt.



Several years ago, I made a black and white paper pieced quilt. My husband LOVES it, and it's now his.  When he's cold, watching tv, or in bed, that's the blanket he claims.  It warms my heart that he loves it so much!



Well, shopping, errands, and cleaning await. But, first, I have a 4 year old begging for some time. She wants to do a puzzle, so I'm off to help her (she loves 100 piece puzzles, and I admit...I love doing them with her!).

'til next time....

2 comments: